Wednesday, July 2, 2008

She's Going Home!!!

We are taking Mom home as soon as she finishes her lunch.  She wanted to stay here to eat, so either she is still starving or the food here is really good.  

The foot issues is somewhat serious.  They call it "trash feet."  Debris from the aorta has gone down and settled in the small blood vessels of her feet so she gets very poor circulation.  At its worst the toes and feet can turn black and you can lose them.   This is probably not what will happen.  There is a drug they have given her to make her platelets slick.  Mostly, it just takes time---from 4-8 weeks to resolve.  They need to be watched closely.  If they get more mottled or start turning black, we have to call a vascular specialist.  So if you are visiting, ask to see her toes.  Since I won't be here for a while, I will need help with monitoring.   

As I said, blogs may be few and far between. Bye for now.

Cindy

No comments: